Deadline for late-abstract submission: June 3, 2022
The organizing committee of the Gold 2022 conference invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts for a short video.
The abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the scientific committee of the conference, which is composed of experts selected for their demonstrated knowledge in each one of the 12 main scientific topics of the conference” (e.g. synthesis of gold nanoparticles, molecules, catalysis, plasmonics … (the 12 platforms are listed in the section “Scientific Program”))
Accepted papers will be assigned to a short video (virtual participants). You will present a short video during the online session which will be available during throughout the conference. Prepare your presentation accordingly, following the guidelines below. The final decision rests with the evaluation committee.
By submitting your abstract as a short video, you will become eligible for a Special Award dedicated to promising young researchers, especially those from emerging countries. 20 special awards will be granted.
At least one of the authors must register for the conference before the author registration deadline. Failure to do so will result in automatic withdrawal of the paper from the conference program.
How to proceed
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in English (no translation will be provided) with a quality of spelling and grammar suitable for publication.
- Each summary must be a maximum of one page, in letter format, and exactly conform to the template provided (see below). An additional persuasive data page with a maximum of 3 figures and tables including captions can be added in the pdf abstract. However, no information favoring the identification of the authors should be included either on the summary page or on the persuasive data page.
- Use the editable template by clicking on the section you would like to fill in and start your typing or overwriting. This ensures that all your data is in the correct format. Please do not change the format outlined in the template; abstracts that are different from the format will be returned to authors for revision. If you would like to insert a graphic, insert it in the text box provided, with an appropriate figure caption. Be sure to underline the presenting author.
- The abstract should clearly indicate the hypothesis or design objective of the study.
- Abstracts should directly describe the innovation of the study. Results should be substantive and not just implied. Validation studies should be included when available.
- Focus on accomplished studies rather than future studies.
- To encourage a blinded review in which reviewers are not aware of the identity of the abstract authors, do not include author or co-author information in the body of the abstract. You need to fill in the author or co-author names in the header. This section will be hidden during the review process. Use a passive voice when listing information that will be referenced. For example, “We used our technique…” should be rephrased as “A technique was used…”.
- Evident bias in favor of a particular product or company is grounds for rejection. Describing the use of a particular company’s products or equipment in itself does not represent bias.
- Non-data-driven statements of superiority, however, are considered biased.
- There is a limit of 500 words (about 2500 - 3300 characters depending on word usage) for the text of your submission. The character count includes spaces.
- Virtual short video: The length of these videos has been set at 5 minutes. There will be no question period. Participants will be invited to record a digital version of their presentation and submit it to the conference's online projection system. Participants will present a film of their narrated presentation with or without including a projection of their own face on screen (at the discretion of the participants). The choice of recording software will be at the discretion of the participants. The main ones suggested are:
• Zoom (step-by-step guide)
• Microsoft PowerPoint (step-by-step guide and instruction video)
• Prezi (instruction video)
• Screencast (information and download)
Accepted formats are: .wmv, .mp4 or .mov
The following formats are NOT accepted: .ppsx, .pptx, .ppt, .pps
The participants are requested to use the same number in the video submission process, as the abstract reference number.
Persuasive data will not be published. This information is only viewed by reviewers during the review process and you can include data and/or images that further support your abstract, but that you do not necessarily want publicized or published with your abstract.
IMPORTANT: Please attempt to NOT exceed one page. Persuasive data files do not require a specific format and can include both data and/or images as an extension of the abstract or actual experimental data/findings. Any explanation, images and/or visuals that you feel could support or explain your abstract content are highly recommended and will increase your chances of obtaining a higher score. DO NOT include information that would identify the authors of the abstract in the title or content. For example, a document titled “John Smith Supplementary Data” should be uploaded as “Supplementary Data for Abstract XYZ.”
Each author may submit up to (3) three abstracts. The presenting author (underlined) must be registered for the conference in order for the abstract to be accepted and be allowed to give the virtual short video.
Authors must submit their abstract online through the abstract submission system, according to the instructions given in the template:
- First step: Once your abstract is written according to the instructions given in the template, choose your preferred session and a second-choice in the “Sessions” link under “Program” on the conference homepage.
- Second step: Click on the “Submit your abstract” link at the bottom of this page. This will take you to a specific “Abstract submission” page: follow the instructions on this page.
- Third step: You will receive an automated email to confirm that we have received your abstract. Follow the instructions in this email and the link that will enable you to access your file and author entry forms at any time before the abstract submission deadline. The secretariat will process your request and send you an official confirmation email when your submission is validated. If you have not received a confirmation in the following 5 days, please contact us.
- Fourth step: Following this process, the scientific committee of the conference will review your abstract and inform you whether or not it is accepted, in which session, with or without modifications, and as a virtual short video (online).
Thank you for your contribution to the GOLD 2022 Conference!